Caps for Cancer

My work, AAA Milwaukee, this year has come up with a community ambassador project that anyone can participate in. We are going to be collecting hats, scarves, booties and plush stuffed animals for cancer patients. I bet that if you ask anyone, they can think of someone who has been affected by cancer. We are going to donate these items to our local area hospitals where cancer patients will be able to pick out an item of their choice. If you would like to participate we are looking for items for all ages and both male and female. Items must be new if bought, please keep the tag on when you send it. Also we welcome handmade items. In both cases, new and handmade, try to choose soft materials, no wool please. We will be collecting items all year. Spread the word and tell your friends. Items can be sent to AAA Wisconsin, 4433 S. 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53221. Attn: Caps for Cancer. We appreciate anything you can donate. I will be making some hats myself and welcome any left over yarn you may have have.

Update:  I am so proud of my co-workers and the community I live and work in.  At years end we were able to donate over 768 items to our local cancer center.  The hospital has been so appreciative of our donations.  Everytime we dropped off a box they were so excited because they said they were almost out.  I think there is a bit of a misconception that people think these cancer centers get this kind of stuff all the time when if fact they never have enough.  My workplace has decided to continue to collect itmes this year as well.  Every little bit we can give helps.  Thank you again to everyone who has sent donations. 

posted under |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Crafting Supply search

Custom Search

About Me

I've always been interested in arts and crafts all my life. I've dabbled in a little bit of everything, from drawing, painting, woodcrafting, metalworking, beading, papercrafting. I love all types of medium.

Welcome to Midwest Greenworks

I've created this blog as a way to share the different crafts and arts I've created. I use a variety of material and styles. If you have any questions about the items I share, feel free to send my a message and I would be happy to answer.



Followers


Recent Comments